Innovations in antimicrobial alternatives and stewardship in poultry production
Shayan Sharif, University of Guelph; Doug Korver, University of Alberta; Juan Carlos Rodriguez-Lecompte, University of Prince Edward Island; Joshua Gong, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Year the work was done
- Design, construct and develop a feasible and effective necrotic enteritis (NE) vaccine strategy in chickens.
- Development of C. perfringens culture supernatant-based oral vaccine against NE.
- Design and development of a probiotic-adjuvanted oral vaccine against NE.
- Construction and development of a recombinant probiotic vectored vaccine expressing C. perfringens protective proteins for prevention of NE.
- Farm level evaluation of safety and efficacy profiles of vaccine formulations.
This research applies to
Breeders, Broilers, Hatcheries, Layers